Forteo 2017 report
Forteo 2017 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2018 • 28 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Forteo through reportable promotional activity in 2017 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Osteoporosis market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Eli Lilly’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Rheumatology, Orthopedic Surgery, Endocrinology, and Obstetrics/Gynecology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Forteo throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Forteo in 2017?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. More than four years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 975,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 24,200 paid interactions across 9,600 physicians made on behalf of Forteo were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 4 peer products (e.g. Binosto, Duavee, Prolia, and Tymlos ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.