Depakote 2015 report
Depakote 2015 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2016 • 20 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Depakote through personal promotion in 2015 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Bipolar Disorder and Migraine markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does AbbVie and Upsher-Smith’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Neurology and Psychiatry) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Depakote throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Depakote in 2015?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 2,100 paid interactions across 1,200 physicians made on behalf of Depakote were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 13 peer products (e.g. Abilify, Adasuve, Botox, Cambia, Equetro, Latuda, Relpax, Risperdal Consta, Saphris, Seroquel XR, Sumavel Dosepro, Treximet, and Zecuity) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.