Betaseron 2018 report
Betaseron 2018 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2019 • 19 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Betaseron through reportable promotional activity in 2018 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Multiple Sclerosis market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Bayer’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Neurology and Obstetrics/Gynecology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Betaseron throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Betaseron in 2018?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 3,300 paid interactions across 1,500 physicians made on behalf of Betaseron were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 12 peer products (e.g. Ampyra, Aubagio, Avonex, Copaxone, Gilenya, Lemtrada, Ocrevus, Plegridy, Rebif, Tecfidera, Tysabri, and Zinbryta ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.