Bavencio 2020 report
Bavencio 2020 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2021 • 21 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Bavencio through reportable promotional activity in 2020 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Bladder Cancer, Merkel Cell Carcinoma, and Renal Cancer markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does EMD Serono, and Pfizer’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, and Internal Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Bavencio throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Bavencio in 2020?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 3,800 paid interactions across 1,900 physicians made on behalf of Bavencio were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 14 peer products (e.g. Balversa, Cabometyx, Imfinzi, Inlyta, Jelmyto, Keytruda, Lenvima, Mvasi, Nexavar, Opdivo, Padcev, Tecentriq, Votrient, and Zirabev ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.