Baqsimi 2019 report
Baqsimi 2019 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2020 • 21 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Baqsimi through reportable promotional activity in 2019 to drive use within the Hypoglycemia market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Eli Lilly’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Endocrinology, Internal Medicine, Pediatric Medicine, and Family Medicine) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Baqsimi throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Baqsimi in 2019?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 3,900 paid interactions across 1,800 physicians made on behalf of Baqsimi were carefully examined to support our analysis.