Avastin 2018 report
Avastin 2018 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2019 • 25 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Avastin through reportable promotional activity in 2018 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Glioblastoma, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, and Renal Cancer markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Genentech’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology, and Internal Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Avastin throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Avastin in 2018?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 6,900 paid interactions across 2,900 physicians made on behalf of Avastin were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 43 peer products (e.g. Abraxane, Afinitor, Alecensa, Alimta, Alunbrig, Bavencio, Cabometyx, Cyramza, Erbitux, Fareston, Faslodex, Gilotrif, Gliadel, Halaven, Herceptin, Ibrance, Imfinzi, Inlyta, Ixempra, Kadcyla, Keytruda, Kisqali, Lenvima, Lonsurf, Lorbrena, Lynparza, Nerlynx, Nexavar, Opdivo, Perjeta, Rubraca, Stivarga, Sutent, Tagrisso, Talzenna, Tecentriq, Vectibix, Verzenio, Vizimpro, Votrient, Xalkori, Zejula, and Zykadia ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.