Asmanex 2021 report
Asmanex 2021 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2022 • 24 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Asmanex through reportable promotional activity in 2021 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Asthma market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Merck’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Nursing, and Physician Assistant) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Asmanex throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Asmanex in 2021?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 1,560 paid interactions across 1,100 physicians made on behalf of Asmanex were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 14 peer products (e.g. AirDuo Digihaler, AirDuo RespiClick, Alvesco, ArmonAir Digihaler, Cinqair, Dulera, Dupixent, Fasenra, Nucala, ProAir, Spiriva, Symbicort, Trelegy Ellipta, and Xolair ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.