Arikayce 2021 report
Arikayce 2021 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2022 • 26 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Arikayce through reportable promotional activity in 2021 to drive use within the Nontuberculous Mycobacterial Lung Disease market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Insmed’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Pulmonology, Infectious Disease, Nursing, Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Physician Assistant) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Arikayce throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Arikayce in 2021?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 10,400 paid interactions across 3,820 physicians made on behalf of Arikayce were carefully examined to support our analysis.