Alplenzin 2016 report
Alplenzin 2016 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2017 • 24 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Alplenzin through personal promotion in 2016 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Depression markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Valeant’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Psychiatry, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Neurology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Alplenzin throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers for Alplenzin in 2016?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 42 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 900,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 500 paid interactions across 400 physicians made on behalf of Alplenzin were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 5 peer products (e.g. Fetzima, Pristiq, Rexulti, Trintellix, and Viibryd ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.